Cannery Seafood of the Pacific Boat Rental Agreement
1.By renting this vessel, you acknowledge that boating poses various hazards which can cause serious injury, death, or property damage.
A) You must remain aware of weather, visibility, tides, current, wind and other factors which may affect your ability to navigate the vessel safely
B) You must adhere to all applicable nautical rules of the road.
C) You must take reasonable measures to avoid risk of collisions with other vessels, docks, buoys, swimmers, or other objects or things, whether fixed or floating.
D) You must give the right of way to vessels under sail.
2. You acknowledge that in addition to the normal hazards associated with boating, Newport Harbor poses its own hazards You must pay careful attention to boats coming in and out of side channels or slips, low bridges, shallow water, floating debris, mooring lines and large vessels that may be restricted in their maneuver or see you.
3. As the operator of the vessel, you are the Captain. As a Captain you accept responsibility if you surrender the operation of the vessel to other passengers on board. You are fully responsible for ensuring that you and your passengers and guests adhere to all safety rules. By state law, all children under twelve years of age must wear a life jacket at all times when on board the vessel. All passengers must keep all body parts in the boat at all times. Absolutely no riding on the bow or the stern of the boat. Removal of the surrey top or windows is not allowed at any time and subject to additional charges.
4. Beaching the vessel, swimming, or fishing from the vessel are prohibited. Further, you must operate the vessel in Newport Bay only. You may not operate the vessel in the Upper Back Bay of Newport Harbor or take the vessel out in the open ocean. If you have any questions about these navigation restrictions, you must ask the rental representative prior to using the vessel.
5. Operating the vessel under the influence of alcohol (.08% and over) or other drugs is strictly prohibited.
6. No Smoking on the vessel at any time.
7. Renter shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Cannery Seafood of the Pacific, LLC and its officers, employees, co-workers, co-partners, landlords or lessors from and against any damage, loss, theft, or destruction of any equipment or property, and against all accidents and losses, liability and property or personal damages, injuries, claims, demands, actions, causes, litigation or lawsuits, costs and expenses of every kind and the nature whether or not covered by insurance, including legal fees and disbursements, arising out of and in connection with the use, condition or operation of this vessel. Renter assumes all responsibility.
Responsible Party Signature *
Responsible Party Print *
Walkthrough the exterior condition of the boat and all windows and lines
Walkthrough the interior condition of the boat
Showing location of all life jackets and safety equipment
Walkthrough of operating instructions: throttle, ignition, battery level, handling characteristics, interior and exterior lights.
Map walkthrough showing no-go areas as well as bridges and areas to avoid due to limited maneuvering space
Walkthrough of radio use and connectivity
Show phone number for operator to call regarding any problems or emergencies